[Dailydave] Hippie time.

Dave Aitel dave at immunityinc.com
Thu Dec 15 16:44:14 EST 2011

So team InteVyDis has ported their Flash 0day to OS X
(Chrome/Safari/Firefox) for extra hippie bashing fun. And the Iranians
are capturing stealth drones using cool tricks with GPS
<http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Middle-East/2011/1215/Exclusive-Iran-hijacked-US-drone-says-Iranian-engineer>
(also for hippie bashing?). Basically, these are hard times to be a hippie.

But hippies are not the underculture most of us belong to - and I've
spent quite some time wondering just how much the hacker culture is
purified by the nature of doing this kind of work. Hackers, for example,
are largely areligious, difficult if not impossible to offend, and
pedantic. Are these cross cultural traits, or simply nuances to local
cuisine?

In other words, if it's possible to offend you, are you by definition a
worse hacker? To avoid a ponderous thread, I'll leave that as a question
for the reader.

--
INFILTRATE 2012 January 12th-13th in Miami - the world's best offensive information security conference.
www.infiltratecon.com