[Dailydave] Paid-for Vendor talk .... seems legit?

Blackwell, Joseph M Joseph.M.Blackwell at boeing.com
Thu Mar 22 19:05:30 EDT 2012

"Well, now! You girls are just burnin' with righteousness, aren't you? Problem is you think you're blazing like suns; when really, you're burning like matchsticks in the face of the darkness!"
Nathon Fillion as Caleb - Buffy The vampire Slayer.

Sorry, couldn't resist the off chance to use both a Buffy Quote that ALSO includes Nathon Fillion. You hit the nail on the head (or the spike on the head?). Well thought out and presented, Moxie. I think it is safe to say that anyone hosting or speaking at a conference has a vested interest. I have yet to attend one that doesn't include some sort of marketing. With that being said, the point is not who is paying or why there are there, but more of what they say and how that contributes to the industry. I am a wee bit tired of the scare tactics and dime store advice. DEFCON is a conference that does it right. It is about community involvement and hands-on learning. Leaves one with actual skills and tools to take back to their homesteads. THAT is value added. In my limited experience Infiltrate is on the same plane....with an open bar of course.