[Dailydave] Paid-for Vendor talk .... seems legit?

hack.lu Info Team info at hack.lu
Fri Mar 23 04:52:30 EDT 2012

On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 2:26 PM, Dave Aitel <dave at immunityinc.com> wrote:

> Why is it that every conference has gone the full hog and decided that you
> must sell keynotes? When I tried to watch the Whitman Diffie keynote  at BH

At hack.lu (for the past 7 years), we never allowed sponsors to take
over the conference content. We (as organizer) cover the expenses
of all the speakers for their travel and hotels. Speakers are either selected
from the CfP or invited speakers known for their technical contribution.

On a side note, we had many endless discussions with potential sponsors
who never understood why we don't give them a track or a room. I suppose
that is easier (but very unethical from our perspective) from "large conference"
organizers to attract sponsorshi(p|t). They are just missing the point that
the quality of their conference is lowered down....

--
--                   Alexandre Dulaunoy (adulau) -- http://www.foo.be/
--                             http://www.foo.be/cgi-bin/wiki.pl/Diary