[Dailydave] The disaster that is rabbits in your house...

Dave Aitel dave at immunityinc.com
Mon Oct 29 17:15:19 EDT 2012

One question I always have these days is "What is disaster recovery -
what kind of disaster exactly are we talking about here?"

I think largely the disaster people are talking about are natural
disasters. Hurricanes, buildings that fall down, wild rabbits eating all
of the insulation off the Ethernet cables in your house - that sort of
thing. If the Iranian team wanted to put Saudi Aramco completely out of
business by truly destroying the systems Saudi Aramco relies up on to
conduct business, I think they could have. And I don't know of any
company running today that could say their disaster recovery could
withstand that kind of attack. But perhaps I'm being overly pessimistic?

In any case, below is my keynote from COUNTERMEASURE 2012. Like any good
keynote it contains pictures of cats! (ok, rabbits).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBQET68HHSg
The Prezi link is
http://prezi.com/24xpofponiju/amateur-hour-on-the-internet/

-dave

--
INFILTRATE - the world's best offensive information security conference.
April 2013 in Miami Beach