[Dailydave] Ekoparty 2012

Nicolas Waisman nicolas at immunityinc.com
Fri Sep 7 09:59:05 EDT 2012

Now that the discussion about the exploit market is over and we all
came to an agreement (So impress how the security community have
mature over the years, first bug disclosure now exploit market!).

It's time to change subject! ...and what is hot these days is Ekoparty
2012 (biggest latam conference).
Apart from Thai and Juliano breaking the internet for the third time
in a row, the speaker line-up looks really cool:
http://www.ekoparty.org/speakers-2012.php
Our own Agustin Gianni's will be talking about Trace Surfing
(http://www.ekoparty.org/2012/agustin-gianni.php), and David/Enrique
will be giving a workshop for beginners on exploitation (Fernet[1]
Overflow)

We are also giving two trainings: One is our classic exploitation
training "Breaking Windows"
(http://www.ekoparty.org/training-breaking-windows.php) and a brand
new one "Client Side Exploitation"
(http://www.ekoparty.org/training-exploiting-client-side.php).
It's only 4000 pesos. It sounds like a lot, but its actually 888 usd
or 600 depending how good u are at trading dollars in the black market[2].

Anyway, for four (or five) years in a row, we have a booth[3] which
basically consist of a couch and a keg of home brew beer[4]. This year
we are repeating the same scheme and the same rule, if you want to
drink you need to seat and talk with us about whatever you want (some
subjects that could be relevant Java exploitation, Linepithema
humile[5], Cyber Pompeii, Pulp Fiction's Briefcase theories or a
potential job, we are hiring ;).

Cheers,
Nico
Community Manager