[Dailydave] The City.

Dave Aitel dave at immunityinc.com
Thu Sep 27 08:47:56 EDT 2012

So I'm in DC today (ostensibly for the Plan X meeting, but I didn't
register in time, and I don't have the necessary clearances anyways,  so
instead, heading to the Immunity DC office, etc.) and of course, the
whole area is suffused in politics the way Palo Alto is suffused in VC
money or Paris is suffused in old-world-cool.

That said, I grew up here, and hence politics is my "football" and like
anyone who's watched the 1988 Superbowl where the Redskins went up over
the Broncos 35 points in one period, I know when the game is over and
it's time to head out of the stadium before the traffic gets too bad.

Which means basically that although no-one will say it (except
fivethirtyeight.com <http://fivethirtyeight.com/> in the most oblique of
terms), the day that 47% video dropped, this election was over (won
essentially by a covert data exfiltration, like all good elections? :>).

So what's next for Cyber? Sequester-driven budget cuts? Executive Orders
that specify vague things about security standards for critical
infrastructure (all the good bits of that cyber bill like liability
protection really had to be done by Congress, despite Obama's bluster
about doing it via EO), or just more of the same?

-dave

--
INFILTRATE - the world's best offensive information security conference.
April 2013 in Miami Beach