[Dailydave] Boom! Loopcasts.

Bas Alberts bas.alberts at immunityinc.com
Tue Aug 20 15:15:40 EDT 2013

I think you're thinking a bit too highlevel, bro.

The actual PHP interpreter is a piece of shit. It is horrendous, atrocious,
and a whole bunch of other ous-es, except for delicous.

Even in a language-semantic perfectly secure PHP application, it's still
being interpreted by the biggest pile of loosely written C code known
to man.

That means that your theoretical PHP level security falls on its ass with
the quality of the actual PHP interpreter, because what would in theory be a
safe and secure API on the PHP level can still turn out (and often does) to
be a complete disaster on the C level.

Therefor, everything PHP based is completely insecure.

Love,
Bas