[Dailydave] smaller errors eroding situational awareness.

Christian Heinrich christian.heinrich at cmlh.id.au
Tue Aug 20 20:16:20 EDT 2013

Ron,

To reuse the PCI DSS v2.0 Requirement 6.2 example, the core issue is
that "... a vendor-supplied patch classified by the vendor as
"critical"" and in this circumstance the source of truth is the
"vendor" and not Nessus.

In addition, Nessus (or any other product implemented by an ASV) may
have the incorrect CVSSv2 Base Score listed e.g.
https://discussions.nessus.org/thread/4769

--
Regards,
Christian Heinrich