[Dailydave] Defeating what's next

Nick Selby nick.selby at gmail.com
Wed Jun 12 12:33:52 EDT 2013

Great thread. The only thing I would expand on Dave's description of
"indicators of Compromise" is that for us, when we get called in because
the customer doesn't believe it's been compromised but wants to quiet down
Bill in IT Security so he'll shaddup already, our indicators of compromise
are all human and procedural and policy-based. Before we even run an nmap
scan we have put together a fairly accurate prediction of what we will find
based on how they do what they do. These day-or-two-long series of
conversations and conferences are uncannily predictive of just how badly
they're owned, and what we'll ultimately have to do about it.

Nick