[Dailydave] The Neutron Star

Fionnbharr thouth at gmail.com
Wed Jun 26 20:38:44 EDT 2013

But the NSA do help American companies win contracts / do industrial
espionage. One link I have handy is
http://cryptome.org/echelon-ep-fin.htm#10 (scroll down to 10.7 for the
list) which has a short list of known cases from the 90's put out by the
European parliament. Also note that it's countries that the US would
probably consider friendly that they're hacking, not just the main economic
rivals.

It might not be on the same level as the Chinese but it's disingenuous to
suggest American businesses are somehow the innocent bystanders caught in
the cross fire or that there isn't some precedent for this behaviour by the
US.