[Dailydave] The Neutron Star

Jonathan Brossard endrazine at gmail.com
Sun Jun 30 19:28:13 EDT 2013

Dear list,

First of, I don't mean to offend anyone : nobody gets to chose where
they were born. I also don't quite think most of you had their say on US
spying policy (well, some readers of DD probably did in fact...).

On 28/06/2013 06:21, Dave Aitel wrote:
> To paraphrase the Economist article you link to, which I think says it
> all (below) "No."
>
> I'm not an expert on this particular case, but I'm able to read, and
> what I read below does not match people's insistence on constantly
> bringing it up as an example of US Economic Espionage.  jf at ownco.net
> <mailto:jf at ownco.net> says it better in this thread than I can, but
> apparently people need to hear it over and over again for some reason.

Reading this thread was absolutly delightful. I'm sure many non US
citizens will have equally loved to see how you guys can be blind when
it comes to your own core values and trust in your government. The
cultural difference is interresting :)

It seems all of you denying even the possibility of economical espionage
were proved very wrong by the recent developments :
http://www.spiegel.de/international/europe/nsa-spied-on-european-union-offices-a-908590.html
unless of course you consider the European Union as a "terrorist" group.
#nonsense

What strikes me is how the US created the internet, which is unarguably
the medium of universalism, while their own values are totally opposite
(In particular, I don't think "all men are equal" to be part at all of
American values or history. See for instance
http://howthehelldidienduphere.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/segregated-drinking-fountains-pattyhume-dot-com.jpg
only 50 years ago !).

Cheers,

j-