[Dailydave] Furlough Friday Update and Hacking Linux

Dave Aitel dave at immunityinc.com
Thu Oct 3 10:56:55 EDT 2013

One of our biggest customers uses Linux desktops. In fact, a lot of
people do, and usually in important and interesting places.

http://immunityinc.com/cve-2013-1775.shtml

The above movie link demonstrates the extra effort Immunity goes into
sometimes on Linux to exploit things that otherwise don't seem that
exploitable. For example, the Sudo Timestamp bug is easily exploitable
on Linux, just as it is on OS X.

Also, for those of you coming to Furlough Friday at the Sheraton in
Columbia, we've convinced them to open the bar early for us, since the
room is right next to it, and we'll just run a tab. It was easier that
way than negotiating for each beer individually. And I requested extra
hot hot wings. So far we have 15-20 people RSVPd, so there is still
room, and Miguel tested his talk against the latest WebSiege, and it
still works (according to him...his talk is done with live demos and
he's never given it with beer before. :>) In any case - if you want to
RSVP please do it as soon as possible, so I can make sure there is
enough pizza/wings/etc.

-dave