[Dailydave] A talk about (Infosec) talks..

Haroon Meer haroon at thinkst.com
Sun Oct 27 14:06:54 EDT 2013

Hiya(s)

The kind folks at 44CON have released the video of our September talk
(A talk about (InfoSec) talks) [1].

The talk is mainly an opportunity to paste tweets from Thomas Lim, Ben
Nagy and Charlie Miller but as a secondary objective we are hoping to
help bring some sanity to the current situation (where we have an
infosec con going almost every day of the year while still getting
owned like its 1999) [2]

The slides, and video can be grabbed from our blog:
http://blog.thinkst.com/2013/10/when-we-win-it-is-with-small-things-and.html

Thoughts & Feedback welcome..

/mh

[1] I think a side-track worth taking is the discussion of conferences
_not_ releasing video/materials and wether this is actually
acceptable/unfair to researchers/presenters

[2] http://blog.thinkst.com/2011/01/is-answer-more-infosec-conferences.html

--
Haroon Meer | Thinkst Applied Research
http://thinkst.com/pgp/haroon.txt