[Dailydave] The Source

yersinia yersinia.spiros at gmail.com
Thu Oct 31 17:04:06 EDT 2013

On Thu, Oct 31, 2013 at 7:32 PM, Dave Aitel <dave at immunityinc.com> wrote:
> So, to continue today's email flood, one thing I've been thinking about,
> as it pertains to cyberweapons, is of course, the original information
> virus of them all: DNA.
>
> First of all, I think it's pretty clear databases exist that are wide
> enough and complete enough (and covert enough) that a complete family
> tree of almost everyone in certain regions exists. Likewise, I'm pretty
> sure you (for certain values of "you") can take any given DNA sample and
> back-port it to a picture of that person.
>
> DNA databases are almost by definition hugely scary. I don't know if
> they qualify as "cyber weapons" in and of themselves, but they're close.

Interesting observation. I do not think that something like this  kind
can be described as cyber weapon, but it certainly could be a
munition.
A very powerful ammunition, if do you know as to use, but a munition.

Probably a munition looking for a good weapon that can use it for the
best : who knows if it may already exist in some underground magazine