[Dailydave] CoUNT, 44CON and shite

Steve steve at 44con.com
Sun Sep 15 16:59:17 EDT 2013

Hi all,

So to make a change from the usual Dave/Immunity posting kicking things
off, and after hearing about how much Ben Nagy loves Malaysia the other
day (at least so Thomas told me in the pub) I thought I'd ask what the
list thinks about all the latest NSA/FiveEyes bullshit.

I started looking at developing a messaging framework that might yield
some resilience (like no doubt tens of thousands would've done the same)
and talked about it on the hidden track at 44CON[1] this year. In the
interests of disclosure I set up the hidden track and opened because I
expected 2 or 3 people there (as we weren't telling people where it
was). I've submitted a talk to 30c3 about how the problem isn't really
the people that are nominally accountable to us, that it's the ones that
realise the capability exists, and what we need to do about it.

I've also built an anonymous encrypted mailing list framework that's
serverless, does funky things to stay anonymous-ish and may be worth a
look for some on this list, to be released at 30c3 (if I'm accepted, I
have no Charlie Miller-style expectations that my stuff will be good
enough nor that I would be a big enough rock star to qualify). Anyhoo,
if you'd like to try out CoUNT, then send your public key to
lisa.groening at gmx.com and I'll add you to a test list.

--
Co-Founder, 44Con
Twitter: @stevelord