[Dailydave] APT

Dave Aitel dave at immunityinc.com
Tue Mar 11 09:41:47 EDT 2014

So the thing about being advanced enough is that you don't really have
to be persistent in any normal sense of the word. Nobody has pointed out
how the first stage of the NSA shellcode (as leaked by "backgrounded by
the Constitution and definitely not at all a narcissist" Snowden) just
avoids executing anything on systems protected by HIPS. Imagine if you
were so good at your job you could ignore targets you already had
execution on if you felt even a /little bit/ queasy about their defense.

Look, Richard Beitlitch thinks I don't know anything about "Strategy"
<http://taosecurity.blogspot.com/2014/02/the-limits-of-tool-and-tactics-centric.html>.
This may be true! But on the other hand, sometimes just outshooting your
opponent <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G02FiZNbZHY> everywhere you
engage them is a pretty decent strategy. And that comes down to "Tools,
Tactics and Procedures" on the ground. Speaking of which - INNUENDO is
going to be 1.0 Beta today because I can't find any more bugs in it. :>

-dave