[Dailydave] INNUENDO 1.,1

Dave Aitel dave at immunityinc.com
Thu Nov 27 14:23:46 EST 2014

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

Immunity is ALSO happy to announce the general availability of INNUENDO
1.1 <http://immunityinc.com/products/innuendo/>. With the 1.0 release we
talked a lot about the underlying architecture and how it was easy to
create channels, but all we had was the one HTTP/S channel and named
pipes for the internals of networks.

This release adds three more channels - ICMP, Outlook, and IMAP/SMTP.
And since we're not a giant development house, I think it's worth
pointing out that it's the underlying framework that makes it so easy
for us to put together new channels. If you're a customer, or even if
you're not I guess, you can suggest new channels that you need and we'll
put them together.

Of course, INNUENDO, like all implants, has to have TESTING as its
primary feature. No other feature is as important as stability, even in
the face of a kernel twisted into insanity by the latest HIDS product or
the installation of another implant. If you're a beta customer, we can
send you our testing matrix so you can see the kind of work that goes
into this.

Franky, I think that Regin shows more clearly than anything else: If
you're not testing against the kind of tool that INNUENDO is, then
you're failing to really assess your response and analysis teams. And if
you're a penetration testing team, I think you'll be surprised at how
much value you get out of a realistic implant. If you want to beta 1.1,
just let me or admin at immunityinc.com <mailto:admin at immunityinc.com> know!

Thanks,
Dave Aitel
Immunity, Inc.