[Dailydave] The Blue Pill of Threat Intelligence

Dave Aitel dave at immunityinc.com
Wed Oct 15 11:59:08 EDT 2014

http://www.fierceitsecurity.com/story/threat-intelligence-problem/2014-10-13

In this article I go over "Threat Intelligence". And I'm a little hard
on it because I think it has to make a choice, and soon. In one hand, is
a pill that takes it down the road to AV-like financial success, but
strategic failure. And in the other hand, the current models are only
stepping stones towards offerings that provide true strategic
situational awareness to their clients, so their clients can build
customized incident response programs that really work.

Honestly, I think because of the way VC-funded firms work, we may end up
taking the blue pill, which is unfortunately for companies, but good for
those of us doing offense.

-dave