[Dailydave] t2’14 Challenge to be released 2014-09-13 10:00 EEST

Tomi Tuominen tomi.tuominen at t2.fi
Sun Sep 7 03:27:38 EDT 2014

Running assets is always difficult, however this year has been excruciating for t2 infosec. We lost one of our most prized and well placed deep cover operatives in a foreign three letter agency. Shortly after the CFP, communications stopped and we have to assume her new assignment is a permanent placement at a black site somewhere in Eastern Europe.

Luckily for us, the person was able to exfiltrate a key piece of an intelligence analysis system before disappearing. In order to turn the tables and go for the pride-and-ego down, our intention is to burn this capability once and for all.

Y-LOCKPOINT is designed for searching and analyzing compromised computer systems. Despite the OPSEC failures, which allowed us to gain access to front-end application, the binary is well-protected – preliminary analysis indicates emphasis on multi-layer protection and resistance to analysis.

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to participate in the crowdsourced reverse engineering effort of the acquired front-end binary.

The first person to recover all content will win a free ticket to t2’14 conference. In addition to this, the creators of the Challenge will select another winner among the next ten correct answers. The criteria for the other selection is the elegance of the answer. In short, you can win with both speed and style.

For details, please refer to:
https://t2.fi/challenge/t214-challenge/

The t2’14 Challenge will be released 2014-09-13 10:00 EEST right here at https://t2.fi/

Good luck,