[Dailydave] Soap and showers

Ron Gula rgula at tenable.com
Fri Sep 26 19:13:28 EDT 2014

Machines that invoke bash from httpd pose a risk. Same thing goes for
machines that have had a core dump of bash in the last few days.  You
can get that sort of data from a variety of methods, but in organizations
where the scanner team doesn’t know the SIM/logging team, good luck.

I also find a strong correlation in security teams that were looking for
a single non-credentialed “heartbleed” style check for this vulnerability
and a lack of ability to get the creds to perform the scan or get the
logs from the SIM guys.

Ron Gula | CEO
Tenable Network Security
rgula at tenable.com