[Dailydave] Offense, Defense (& hard things)

Haroon Meer haroon at thinkst.com
Thu Apr 9 14:31:26 EDT 2015

Hi all

This bounced about a bit on the twitters, but someone suggested I share it here: At Troopers15 I did a spot of navel-gazing under the title: "the hard thing about the hard things"

The talk touches on some problems that we think slip under the radar (and some problems that we think are worth aiming at). Amongst other things, it aims to encourage more people to try their hands at playing Defense.

The video of the talk is on YouTube here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rarpym8JJXQ

With slides available on our site here:
http://thinkst.com/stuff/troopers15/thinkst-troopers-2015-no-notes.pdf

Thoughts, comments, feedback (and muzzled ferrets?) are always welcome.

/mh

Ps. The talk leans heavily on quotes from smarter folks like Halvar, Dan Geer, Dino Dai Zovi & Brian Snow (so at least some parts of it are guaranteed to be worth listening to!)

__
Haroon Meer
http://thinkst.com/pgp/haroon.txt