[Dailydave] nullcon se7en CFP is open

nullcon nullcon at nullcon.net
Wed Aug 26 01:41:28 EDT 2015

Dear Friends,

              Welcome to nullcon se7en!

$git commit -a <sin>

<sin> := wrath | pride | lust | envy | greed | gluttony | sloth

nullcon is an annual security conference held in Goa, India. The focus
of the conference is to showcase the next generation of offensive and
defensive security technology. We happily open doors to researchers
and hackers around the world working on the next big thing in security
and request everyone to answer our CFP and submit their new research.
Time to tickle your gray cells and submit your research.

Training: 2nd-3rd Mar 2016
Conference: 4th-5th Mar 2016

CFP se7en
==============

Tips
====
1. Submit early - Submitting early increases the chance of acceptance
in the first round itself. The more you delay the more competition you
have with other papers that are submitted later.
2. Technical description - The more concrete technical details you
provide the better chance you have of getting accepted. Reviewers
usually give low score to submissions that have very small or vague
abstract and may not request for more details. The best way is to
provide a supporting full technical paper that explains all the
vulnerabilities, exploits etc in detail.
3. Declining a paper - Please take rejection as a suggestion for
improvement somewhere in the paper and not as an offense. Declining a
paper does not mean your submission is not good. There are many
parameters we look at when reviewing a paper, technical depth is only
one of them. Many times we have to let go of really good talks because
there is already an accepted paper on similar subject or too many good
submissions. We want you to succeed and are only trying to help you in
preparing you for future submissions. So, cheer up and get ready for
the next submission.
4. Review comments - We do not ask our review board for comments. If
they have any comments, they write it down which we usually pass to
the submitters. So, if we have comments we will pass it on. You don't
have to specifically ask for review comments. Also, for small and
vague abstracts, or talks delivered previously we do not share any
review comments.

Submission Type
==================
Submit under any of the below Type
 - Talk (40 mins - 1 hr)
 - Event (Sub-events, Competitions, CTFs, BOFs)
 - Recreation (Fun events, Games, Parties, Tech Rock bands, Djs etc)
 - Tutorial (2-3hrs Workshops, hacking villages)

Submission Topics
======================
Anything that aligns with our motto - "The neXt security thing!" is welcome.
And as a special consideration for nullcon se7en any digital sin is
also welcome ;)

Categories
=============
The talk time duration includes time for questions and answers (5-10 minutes)

New Research Category (40 mins - 1 hr)
 - It is a deep knowledge technical track that includes new research,
vulnerabilities, zero days or exploits.

Desi Jugaad (30 mins - 1 hr)
 - It is our signature new research category talk and includes any
local hacks. This category is dedicated to hackers who find innovative
tech/non-tech solutions for real-life challenges.

Current Research Category (30 mins - 1 hr)
 - It comprises of known security issues, case studies, twist to an
existing research, tool, vulnerability, exploit or
research-in-progress. Although this track is very technical, it covers
known techniques, analysis and research already published or presented
even though there might be some additions to it. Please note if you
have already published, presented your research, it will fall in this
category even though you have added new stuff to your research.

Tool Category (30 mins - 1 hr)
 - It comprises of open source security tools, exploits, frameworks
etc. This is an excellent opportunity for the original authors to
showcase their software to the world.

Event/Recreation Category (No specific time limit)
  - This is for proposing any exciting sub-events as mentioned above
in "Submission Type"

Review
==========
We have an external review panel that scores the papers and based on
the scoring we take a call on acceptance of papers.

Submission Format
===================
Email the paper to: cfp at nullcon.net
The subject should be: CFP Goa 2016 < Paper Title >
Email Body:

Name
Twitter Handle
Submission Type (Mentioned above i.e. Talk/event/recreation/tutorial)
Category (Mentioned above i.e. new research/current research/tool/desi
jugaad etc)
Time required (including 5-10 mins of QA)
Submission Title
Country (and City) of residence
Organization and Designation
Contact Number
Have you presented or submitted this paper at any other conference(s)
or magazine(s)?
Yes, No. If yes, where? and how this submission is different from the
previous ones. Note that new research talks already given elsewhere or
are due to be given elsewhere prior to nullcon will be considered as
current research category talks unless they consist of cutting edge
and ground breaking technology, which is at the judgment of the review
committee.
Are you releasing an open source tool?
Yes/No. (If yes, please include the source code for review)
Are you releasing an exploit?
Yes/No. (If yes, please include the source and vulnerability details for review)
Are you releasing a new vulnerability/Zero-day?
Yes/No. (If yes, please send us the details, including reproduction
procedure, for review)
Why do you think your paper is different/innovative (for all tracks)
and how does it qualify as new work/research(for Research track only)?
Are there any live demonstrations (These earn you good points during review)?
Yes/No. (If Yes, how many? Also please explain each demo)
If it is a talk, can it be converted to a workshop/village?
Yes/No. (Sometimes there are good talks that may not be accepted due
to large no. of submissions but can be accepted as a workshop)

Brief Profile ( less than or equal to 500 Words)

Paper Abstract
 - Please provide detailed working or your research/work. The more
details you provide the better it is for the reviewers. Please keep
the abstract to the point. Please do not try to hide the technical
details or say "I can't disclose it till bla bla" as it does not help
the reviewers in any way and may give your paper a low score because
of insufficient information available in the abstract.

Supporting technical details (Please attach full technical paper for review)
  - This is not a must if your abstract is technical and large enough
for reviewers to understand your research fully. However, providing a
full technical paper increases the chances of acceptance as reviewers
get a better understanding of the technical capability.

Your high resolution photo (attached)

Note
========
Only the original authors should submit their research and any
submission from a third party will be rejected. The Abstract should
clearly mention the techniques and hacks in detail and merely
mentioning that it works will not help in understanding the research
to its full extent. nullcon is an open knowledge/research sharing
platform and hence product/company marketing and pitches will be
rejected. We request you not to submit any product specific talk.

Important Dates
CFP opens: 24th Aug 2015
1st round of speaker list Online: 15th Oct 2015
CFP closing date: 30th Nov 2015
Final speakers list online: 10th Dec 2015
Detailed paper submission by selected speakers: 6th Jan 2016
Training dates: 2nd-3rd Mar 2016
Conference dates: 4th-5th Mar 2016

Speaker Benefits
=====================
For the New Research and Desi Jugaad Category
 - Travel Reimbursement (Either actuals or the below mentioned
amounts, whichever is less)
   - International Speaker (USD $1000)
   - National Speaker (INR Rs.6000)
 - Complimentary Accommodation for 3 nights.
 - Complimentary VIP conference pass.
 - One extra complementary Student pass to be given to any student who
cannot afford to register.
   The student needs to show a valid and original College/University
ID at the registration desk.
   Only university and colleges are applicable i.e. short term
courses/certifications are not valid.
 - Invitation to speaker party.
 - Invitation to Mehfil-E-Mausiqi (nullcon networking cocktail).

For the Current Research, Event and Tool Category
 - Complimentary shared accommodation near the venue for 2 nights.
 - Complimentary VIP conference pass.
 - One extra complementary Student pass to be given to any student who
cannot afford to register.
   The student needs to show a valid and original College/University
ID at the registration desk.
   Only university and colleges are applicable i.e. short term
courses/certifications are not valid.
 - Invitation to speaker party.
 - Invitation to Mehfil-E-Mausiqi (nullcon networking cocktail)

* Only one speaker will be eligible for the benefits in case there are
two or more speakers for a talk.
** By submitting a paper and agreeing to talk at nullcon you give
Payatu Technologies Pvt. Ltd. the right to post, publish,
re-distribute online and offline, soft and/or hard copies of your
presentation material including slides, source code, detailed paper
and the recorded video of the presentation and you.

Regards,
Aseem | Murtuja | Antriksh
Unorganizers of nullcon