[Dailydave] Job: Gartner for Technical Professionals [GTP] security team is hiring an analyst

Anton Chuvakin anton at chuvakin.org
Fri Feb 20 17:50:21 EST 2015

All,

Hopefully Dave and esteemed list members will pardon this brief
interruption --- and those looking for fun new work may even appreciate it!

-=-=-=-=--

Our team at Gartner is *HIRING again*! Join
<https://gartner.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=00003376&lang=en#.VOZQVXQooeQ.gmail>
Security
and Risk Management Strategies (SRMS) team at Gartner for Technical
Professionals (GTP)
<http://www.gartner.com/technology/research/technical-professionals.jsp>!

Link:
http://blogs.gartner.com/anton-chuvakin/2015/02/20/our-team-is-hiring-again-join-gartner-gtp-now-2/

Excerpts from the job description
<https://gartner.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=00003376&lang=en#.VOZQVXQooeQ.gmail>
(with
my highlights):

   - *Create and maintain high quality, accurate, and in depth documents or
   architecture positions in information security*, security monitoring,
   threat intelligence, security event and information management systems,
   and/or related coverage areas;
   - *Prepare for and respond to customer questions (inquiries/dialogues)
   during scheduled one hour sessions* with accurate information and
   actionable advice, subject to capacity and demand;
   - *Prepare and deliver analysis in the form of presentation(s)* delivered
   at one or more of the company’s Catalyst conferences, Summit, Symposium,
   webinars, or other industry speaking events;
   - Support business development for GTP by participating in sales support
   calls/visits subject to availability and management approval, etc

In essence, your job would be to do research, write, guide clients (via
phone inquiries/dialogs) and speak at events. Also, we do list a lot of
qualifications in the job req
<https://gartner.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=00003376&lang=en#.VOZQVXQooeQ.gmail>,
but you can look at my informal take on them in this post
<http://blogs.gartner.com/anton-chuvakin/2013/04/17/on-being-an-analyst-or-who-are-we-hiring/>
.

Apply links and more details are here:
http://blogs.gartner.com/anton-chuvakin/2015/02/20/our-team-is-hiring-again-join-gartner-gtp-now-2/