[Dailydave] COUNTDOWN TO ZERO DAY

Mike Gagnon mikegagnon at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 12:24:37 EST 2015

Assassinations should stop.

Robert Baer, former CIA, just released a book called The Perfect Kill: 21
Laws for Assassins, in which he proposes essentially Rules of Engagement
for assassinations.
http://www.amazon.com/The-Perfect-Kill-Laws-Assassins/dp/0399168575

I am Buddhist. Assassination is never appropriate. According to Buddhism,
assassination creates negative karma. When someone is assassinated, it
creates a chain reaction which causes further killing.

One problem with ending assassination is that recent polls show most
Americans support assassination. So, we must rally together against
assassination.

Baer believes that assassination is a viable political option. I do not. I
say, rather than assassination, let's get everyone together at the
negotiating table and conduct business with civility.

According to Fast Company, Business is War.

The whole point of Business as War is that we can compete without killing
each other.

But in order for this to work, all the deals must be fair. Everyone needs
to win.

So, the key challenge is structuring business deals where everyone wins. In
Computer Science terms, this is the realm of Mechanism Design.

   - https://medium.com/@yanazendo/drones-are-stupid-5d4ec28df517
   - https://medium.com/@yanazendo/enlightened-capitalism-c366cb928a68
   - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rising_Sun_%28novel%29
   - http://www.fastcompany.com/55076/business-war