[Dailydave] Unicorn CPU Emulator Framework is out!

Nguyen Anh Quynh aquynh at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 14:09:52 EDT 2015

Greetings,

Two months after our Blackhat USA talk, we are excited to announce the
first release, version 0.9, of Unicorn Engine, the multi-arch,
multi-platform CPU emulator framework you are all longing for!

Unicorn CPU emulator offers some unparalleled features:

- Multi-architectures: Arm, Arm64 (Armv8), M68K, Mips, PowerPC, Sparc, &
X86 (include X86_64).
- Clean/simple/lightweight/intuitive architecture-neutral API.
- Implemented in pure C language, with bindings for Python, Java, Go & .NET
available.
- Native support for Windows & *nix (with Mac OSX, Linux, *BSD & Solaris
confirmed).
- High performance by using Just-In-Time compiler technique.
- Support fine-grained instrumentation at various levels.
- Thread-safe by design.
- Distributed under open source license GPL.

For further information, see our website at http://www.unicorn-engine.org

Unicorn is a very young project, but we do hope that it will live a long
life. The community support will be critical for this little open source
framework!

We would like show our gratitude to the beta testers for bug reports & code
contributions during the beta phase! Their invaluable helps have been
tremendous for us to keep this far.

Huge thanks go to QEMU project, which Unicorn is based on, and extends much
further in its special area. Without the almighty QEMU, Unicorn would not
be existent!

Our engine aims to lay the ground for innovative works. We look forward to
seeing many advanced research & development in the security area built on
this framework. Let the fun begin!

Thanks,
Quynh