[Dailydave] FireEye is sad.

Dave Aitel dave at immunityinc.com
Fri Sep 11 09:27:05 EDT 2015

The real question in security is always how to play Poker against an
opponent who can see all your cards.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/thomasbrewster/2015/09/10/fireeye-slammed-over-injunction/
https://lists.immunityinc.com/pipermail/dailydave/2013-March/000353.html

In a way our "IP" laws have confused a lot of us about security. What if
NOBODY TALKED ABOUT OUR WEAKNESSES BECAUSE IT WAS ILLEGAL, the
management teams say. This, of course, directly relates to the
"regulation is GOING to happen" Wassenaar crowd because it's the exact
same fundamental psychology at work. "We're going to regulate away the
threat" is as useless as saying "hackers won't buy our boxes to find out
how to bypass our defenses".

-dave