[Dailydave] nullcon 8-bit Call for Papers is open

nullcon nullcon at nullcon.net
Wed Aug 24 01:59:57 EDT 2016

Dear Hackers and Security Pros,

Welcome to nullcon 8-bit!
nullcon is an annual security conference held in Goa, India. The focus
of the conference is to showcase the next generation of offensive and
defensive security technology. We happily open doors to researchers
and hackers around the world and the universe , working on the next
big thing in security and request everyone to submit their new
research.

What is 8-bit?
As a tradition of choosing themes based on year, nullcon 8th year's
theme is 8-bit.
If you love security, hacking, cutting edge research, Goa, trance,
then the universe will conspire to send you to nullcon :)
No, seriously its a lot of learning and fun! Time to tickle your gray
cells and submit your research.

Submission URL
=============
http://nullcon.net/website/goa-2017/cfp.php

Tips for submitting
================

1) Submit early - Submitting early increases the chance of acceptance
in the first round of review itself. The more you delay the more
competition you have with other papers that are submitted later.

2) Technical description - The more concrete technical details you
provide the better chance you have of getting accepted. Reviewers
usually give low score to submissions that have very small or vague
abstract and may not request for more details. The best way is to
provide a supporting full technical paper that explains all the
vulnerabilities, exploits etc in detail.

3) Declining a paper - Please take rejection as a suggestion for
improvement somewhere in the paper and not as an offense. Declining a
paper does not mean your submission is not good. There are many
parameters we look at when reviewing a paper, technical in-depth is
only one of them. Many times we have to let go of really good talks
because there is already an accepted paper on similar subject or too
many good submissions. We want you to succeed and are only trying to
help you in preparing you for future submissions. So, cheer up and get
ready for the next submission.
4) Review comments - We do not ask our review board for comments.
5) Category - If the submission is (being) presented prior nullcon or
if it is an enhancement of an already presented research, please DO
NOT mark it as new research as it falls under current research.

Contact
======
If you have any queries, feel free to get in touch with us at cfp <at>
nullcon DOT net
For sponsorship/registration queries, please get in touch with us at
info <at> nullcon DOT net

Submission Topics
================
We are interested in new and cutting edge security work that has
previously not been published. Anything that aligns with our motto
"The next security thing!" is welcome. Some security topics for your
reference including (but not limited to)

- IoT
- Web
- SDN
- Radio
- Cloud
- Mobile
- Telecom
- Satellites
- Networks
- Forensics
- Hardware
- Embedded
- ICS/SCADA
- Smart Cities

Review
=======
We have an external review panel that scores the papers and based on
the scoring and our internal decision, we take a call on acceptance of
papers.

Important Dates
==============
CFP Opens: 10th Aug 2016
CFP Closing Date: 30th Nov 2016
Final speakers List online: 15th-25th Dec 2016
Detailed Paper submission by selected speakers: 6th Jan 2017
Training Dates: 28th Feb - 2nd Mar 2017
Conference Dates: 3-4th Mar 2017

Speaker Benefits
===============
For the New Research and Desi Jugaad Category
- Travel Reimbursement (Either actuals or the below mentioned amounts,
whichever is less)
    - International Speaker (USD $1000)
    - National Speaker (INR Rs.6000)
- Complimentary Accommodation for 3 nights.
- Complimentary Corporate conference pass.
- One extra complementary Student pass to be given to any student who
cannot afford to register.
The student needs to show a valid and
original College/University ID at the registration desk.
Only
university and colleges are applicable i.e. short term
courses/certifications are not valid.
- Invitation to speaker party.
- Invitation to Mehfil-E-Mausiqi (nullcon networking cocktail).

For other categories (Current Research, open source tool, Sub-event)
- Complimentary shared accommodation near the venue for 2 nights.
- Complimentary Corporate conference pass.
- One extra complementary Student pass to be given to any student who
cannot afford to register.
The student needs to show a valid and
original College/University ID at the registration desk.
Only
university and colleges are applicable i.e. short term
courses/certifications are not valid.
- Invitation to speaker party.
- Invitation to Mehfil-E-Mausiqi (nullcon networking cocktail)

Terms
=======
* Only one speaker will be eligible for the benefits in case there are
two or more speakers for a talk.
** By submitting a paper and agreeing to talk at nullcon you give
Payatu Technologies Pvt. Ltd. the right to post, publish,
re-distribute online and offline, soft and/or hard copies of your
presentation material including slides, source code, detailed paper
and the recorded video of the presentation and you.

Best Regards,
Unorganizers of nullcon
Antriksh | Aseem | Murtuja