[Dailydave] "Nitro Zeus" whatever whatever.

dave aitel dave at immunityinc.com
Thu Jul 28 18:36:12 EDT 2016

<nitrozeus>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiV6am2lNTQ. You'll notice in this
Usenix talk from 2012 I inadvertently blow Nitro Zeus, which came out in
that ZeroDays movie recently. I honestly don't write my talks all by
myself, but you'll notice "we" call out Wikileaks as being a cyber
weapon as opposed to everyone else's seeming fascination with
HackingTeam or whatever the boogieman of the day is.

People and bonobo monkeys are fascinated by sex - and it's easy to get
wrapped around the sex aspects of Wikileaks, but it's hard to ignore
that what he wrote in his manifesto was a very advanced conceptual
understanding about cyber war, which he then continues to execute to
this day. Did or did not the head of the DNC have to resign this week,
in part due to his actions, even if all he provided was cover and a
defined modus operandi? Anyways, unlike a lot of people, I actually read
his manifesto and one thing I learned was that cyberwar attacks ideology
best. This is a key feature of how the whole domain works.

<cyberwar attacks ideology best image>

The DNC is an ideology. It's something you can believe in, or not. But
so is ISIS? So is Immunity?

-dave