[Dailydave] Hacking critical infrastructure.

Andrew Ruef munin at mimisbrunnr.net
Tue Mar 15 11:10:51 EDT 2016

some would probably argue that this is a game theory equilibrium where
you wouldn't place the tokens willy-nilly precisely for this reason.
they would probably try to resurrect examples from the cold war or
something where this game theory and top down policy / control "worked"
once before.

cynically, I think this presupposes more self control than any modern
government or organization has. the stakes/risks (either perceived or
actual) just aren't high enough for an adult to wake up and tell
everyone what to do.

if such a system were actually implemented, I'd wager that it would play
out the way you describe - the existence of these "don'thackmebro!"
tokens would not be a well kept secret, they would leak, and every
mid-level manager from here to lightbulb factories in Kansas would
demand, steal, or forge these tokens until they were on everything from
nuclear power stations to red light traffic cameras. there's just no
will to control it any other way.