[Dailydave] SMBLoris

Bob Auger bobauger at gmail.com
Tue Aug 8 19:40:33 UTC 2017

TLDR: Sockets/connections can always be exhausted at the app level based on
the hardware, configuration, and design.

1. Discuss <InsertDaemonNameHere>loris.
2. Hype the media on #1
3. Discuss that DOS is still bad (no debate)
4. Inform users of configuration/rate limiting opportunities/hardware/fault
tolerance design (to the extent you can)
5. Profit from #4

- Robert