[Dailydave] Quantum Key Distribution

dave aitel dave at immunityinc.com
Thu Aug 10 15:41:43 UTC 2017

While nothing cryptographic has leaked from the Snowden documents to the
public, Edward Snowden did give up a lot of things to the Chinese to get
out of Hong Kong, and I notice that they've recently invested very
heavily in Quantum Key Distrubtion (for example, shooting satellites up
with entangled photons, etc.)

So my question is: Is this something they learned about US/Russian
capability against other cryptographics that we are not aware of? Did
they study up and learn something themselves that we are not aware of?
Or is this a total lark or PR stunt? Or maybe it's just not that much
money to them, so they might as well?

-dave