[Dailydave] Improvements

Andre Gironda andreg at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 14:23:35 EST 2017

On Wed, Feb 15, 2017 at 11:47 PM, Tracy Reed <treed at ultraviolet.org> wrote:
> In the industry that I see there is huge pressure from the c-suite to
> buy a pre-packaged product (aka silver bullet) and strong disincentive
> to spend time rolling your own custom franken-solution which the
> management will have no faith in because one of their own employees
> built it instead of a big name which can boast about magic quadrants and
> such.

Want to echo what Jordan, Wim, and Tracy are saying loudly.

We need a platform for Security Operations Automation, but only if
it's a subcomponent of a larger Security Operations Management
Platform -- https://blog.rooksecurity.com/security-operations-management-7c444cf2c33f

The focus, of course, is optimization of process, people, and tools
(in that order).

I think the first problem we should automate away are the
decision-making low-value input chains (i.e., management, people
leadership) in order to solve for stronger DFIR professional-led
high-value output chains (i.e., people with hands-on skills,
problem-solving capabilities, critical-thinking skills, creativity, et
al).

dre