[Dailydave] Improvements

Chris Kuethe chris.kuethe at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 14:46:12 EST 2017

On Wed, Feb 15, 2017 at 10:59 AM, Wim Remes <wremes at gmail.com> wrote:

> The biggest roadblock is that every traditional security vendor is trying
> to be the "data hub", hoarding information. Badly constructed and horribly
> documented APIs, stupid myopic dashboards, rate limiting on APIs, etc. etc.
> are the trademarks of those data hoarders. I wonder how long it takes
> before they realize they're contributing more by becoming data providers.
> Hell, every RFP for security products should score their ability to provide
> data.

They'll realize it when you specifically tell them that data hoarding is
costing them the sale: "you don't provide us with an API to build our own
custom integrations, a real-time event feed, or machine-readable bulk
history download. Your product may look shiny but until we can hook it up
to our own existing systems we won't give you any money. Having it on the
roadmap doesn't count - come back when the PoC can talk to our splunk."