[Dailydave] Twitter

dave aitel dave at immunityinc.com
Fri Sep 29 15:20:24 UTC 2017

Right now everyone is going on and on about how Russians spent 256K on
ads on Twitter to influence the election. Much less understood is how
great Twitter ads are for targeting phishing attacks! I wrote this whole
article while back here
<https://tindertipsforgirls.blogspot.com/2016/03/paying-for-okcupid-is-stupid.html>
on it. People are genuinely good at phishing now.  The "Fake RedTube
subscription <https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2017/09/phish-future>"
gambit is great fun. And yet, Jar files still fill my inbox, because
clearly those still work?

Halvar talks in his current keynote about how important it is to
understand the iterative nature of the hacking game, but I think willful
ignorance is still the name of the game in SV. In any case, has anyone
been paid to do a "Twitter Ad Phishing Attack" the way people get paid
to do email campaigns?

-dave