[Dailydave] Trends and INFILTRATE

David Aitel dave at immunityinc.com
Mon Apr 30 19:53:49 UTC 2018

We got generally good feedback
<https://twitter.com/surkatty/status/990619671417286657> for INFILTRATE
but in my view conferences are less "Are they enjoyable?" and more "What
did people legitimately get out of it?"

One thing I really like about INFILTRATE is we are small enough that the
crowd is quite restricted to "People who find a heap overflow talk worth
watching, even if it's just to see what the speaker does differently
from me".

But the talks were less about "Here's a bug I found", and more about
"Here's a bug I found and then when I lifted up the bed, there were
thousands more". A lot of them were quite complex chains of bugs, but
more about the research methodology, analysis toolkits, or attack
surfaces than the bugs themselves.

I want to of course, thank everyone who attended and our sponsors for
making the event possible!

INFILTRATE 2018 Sponsors:

Microsoft, Google, AWS, DRAPER, Raytheon, Zerodium, GRIMM, Trail of
Bits, Siege Technologies

-dave