[Dailydave] t2'18: Call For Papers 2018 (Helsinki, Finland)

Tomi Tuominen tomi.tuominen at t2.fi
Wed May 9 08:27:38 UTC 2018

#
# t2'18 - Call For Papers (Helsinki, Finland) - October 25 - 26, 2018
#

Join us for the 15th anniversary celebrations on Oct 25-26! CFP and ticket
sales are now open.

To truly appreciate the full spectrum of cyber, one simply needs to visit
Helsinki. Sooner or later you need a break from the sunshine and warmth, and it
is exactly that contrast we can provide. Located halfway between Miami and
Singapore (the long way round), just 3200 km NNW of Tel-Aviv, we can offer
you a wintry experience which has almost nothing to do with those cities[0].
More than once the first snow has fell in Helsinki during t2, making the
small and intimate conference a tiny bit comfier.

What is Finland all about? In addition to having won 2018 U18 ice hockey world
championship[1], the latest UN studies[2] describe Finland as the happiest
country in the world. Sauna, sisu[3] and perkele - the three pillars of a small,
yet resourceful nation which created Linux kernel, ice skates, and the safety
reflector. In the capital city Helsinki a reasonable person can walk safely
in the middle of the night, enjoy clean tap water and partake in naked[4]
swimming.

At t2 we embrace that national essence - punctuality and reliability. We
organize this conference out of love and do our best to make it a memorable
experience to both speakers and audience alike. If you’re in doubt,
just send questions with #t2infosec hashtag on Twitter for an (un)biased
opinion. This is an event from hackers to hackers.

t2’18 offers you an audience with a taste for technical security presentations
containing original content. This is your chance to showcase the latest
research and lessons in memory manipulation, practical cryptographic attacks,
subverting secure hardware, exploitation of artificial intelligence, avoiding
murder mysteries and train robberies, targeting needles from haystacks,
securing the enterprise, secdevops/devsecops, industrial control systems,
remote centrifuge operation, upstream collection, covert entry, TLAs or any
other relevant research containing the type of love and happiness appreciated
by seasoned conference attendees.

The advisory board will be reviewing submissions until 2018-07-31.
First come, first served. Submissions will not be returned.

Quick facts for speakers
========================
 + presentation length 60-120 minutes, in English
 + complimentary travel and accommodation for one person [6]
 + decent speaker hospitality benefits
 + no marketing or product propaganda

Still not sure if this is for you? Check out the blast from the past:
https://t2.fi/schedules/

Considering many of our visitors know what they want and trust us to deliver,
we’re making their life easy..
The registration is now open! https://t2.fi/registration/

The total amount of attendees, including speakers and organizers is limited
to 99.

How to submit
=============
Fill out the form at https://t2.fi/action/cfp

[0] We do have running water and electricity (as of writing)
[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IIHF_World_U18_Championship even in the
    medal statistics we're the neutral buffer between the West and the East
[2] http://www.bbc.com/news/world-43414145
[3] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sisu
[4] https://www.hel.fi/helsinki/en/culture/sports/indoor/swimming/yrjonkatu-swimming-hall
[5] hunter2