[Dailydave] 2019 Keynote: WINDOW SNYDER

Dave Aitel dave.aitel at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 16:26:34 UTC 2018

https://vimeo.com/135888545 - Andrew Cushman, 2012

I wanted to highlight how much I lie awake at night thinking about
keynotes. And I think we have a good record on them, if for no other reason
than we refuse to do the standard drill.

At other conferences, keynotes go to sponsors or to people you pay because
they are famous. I think a better way is to find the voices in industry
with something to say that they have not been able to say on a platform
like INFILTRATE.

If you watch all the large conference keynotes, they tend to swim in a
school. For INFILTRATE keynotes we ask people to be more provocative, more
authentic, more about their own personal history. And I think it works. You
can predict the future better by watching Andrew Cushman's INFILTRATE talk
than you could have from watching Scott Charney's RSAC keynote
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBXN1i4Kob0> that same year, imo.

This year we have Window Snyder as the opening keynote...and I really like the
bio on the page <http://infiltratecon.org/speakers/>, as I think even if
you don't know her, it says exactly why we asked her to speak! I will
replicate it below, I like it so much. :)

Window Snyder is one of us. She is a security technologist with her roots
in the earliest days of security research. Window got introduced to
computer programming as a toddler on a TI-99, pursued math in high school
and college, before settling on computer science. She hung out at the MIT
Flea as a teenager, spent time with the L0Pht crew and joined @stake as
director of security architecture. Window’s career has been heavily focused
on resilience through mitigations and under-the-hood foundational security
technologies. She has held leadership positions working on solving security
and privacy concerns at Matasano, Mozilla, Microsoft, Apple and Fastly.
Window now works as Chief Software Security Officer at a pretty large
manufacturing company.
In any case, buy your tickets now before we do that thing  where we sell
out and then we have to personally expand it just for you like last year.

Also, we do have a new scholarship program for people who are typically
underrepresented at infosec conferences, and we offer non-alcohol tickets
still, so contact me (with that magic reply button) if you want more
information or want to sponsor INFILTRATE. :)

-dave
'