[Dailydave] Manual vs Automated analysis

Dave Aitel dave.aitel at gmail.com
Thu Apr 4 14:04:43 UTC 2019

I think looking at the entire suite of reverse engineering tools available
(Ghidra/IDAPro/Binary Ninja/R2/etc) now is exciting in the sense that they
all have different philosophies from the beginning design. However, since
I'm not a full time reverser anymore, I wanted to talk to the team over at
Vector35 about it, and we did it on WebEx so you can listen in. :)

Some topics covered (and illustrated by the below screenshot) include:

   - Tough problems for program analysis
   - Design decisions in reverse engineering tools
   - Tool philosophies

Also you can always register for the Binary Ninja training, which I would
take even if it was taught in GDB because classes taught by this level of
reverse engineer are few and far between. :)
http://infiltratecon.com/training/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffPu4Bl2Mh4&feature=youtu.be