[Dailydave] The Gods of Malice

Dave Aitel dave.aitel at gmail.com
Mon Apr 15 15:11:21 UTC 2019

So if you have not, I highly recommend watching the first two episodes of
our INFILTRATE 2019 series:

https://vimeo.com/322257258 (Part 1: XANADU)
https://vimeo.com/329589102 (Part 2: Rise of the Demiurge)

One major thing Infiltrate does differently is the Dry Runs that we have
every speaker do. There are a lot of advantages to this but one advantage
of watching every talk over two weeks time and thinking hard to provide
good feedback is that I've had time to contemplate what the underlying
theme of the conference is.

This year's theme is: *Your Past is not what you thought it was.*

There's a lot of ways your past can change out from under you, but I don't
know of any good way to buffer the emotional shock of it. I mean, last time
it happened to me I used a combination of jiu-jitsu and mojitos, both of
which are going to be available at INFILTRATE. When we started INFILTRATE I
remember thinking we wanted to have an offensive security  conference that
would leave the attendees *inspired*. But now I realize the real goal is to
have the attendees Change.

You'll see what I mean.

-dave