[Dailydave] (no subject)

Steve Lord steve at 44con.com
Wed Feb 27 10:07:53 UTC 2019

44CON is the UK's premier annual technical security conference and
training event. From the evening of the
11th of September till the 13th of September 2019, expect a top-tier
international technical conference
with fast wifi, loose 0day, a village pub and of course, Gin O'Clock.

       __ __  __ __  __________  _   __
      / // / / // / / ____/ __ \/ | / / | "You can hack us
     / // /_/ // /_/ /   / / / /  |/ /  |  You can breach us
    /__  __/__  __/ /___/ /_/ / /|  /   |  But you'll have to answer to
      /_/    /_/  \____/\____/_/ |_/    |  Oh, the pwns of Brompton"

-o-     Straight Outta Brompton     -o- | 11th - 13th September 2019
-o- As monitored by the famous GCHQ -o- | ILEC, 47 Lillie Rd, London SW6 1UD

]-- 44CON 2019 Call For Papers

Site: https://44con.com/
CFP: https://cfp.44con.com/
Tickets *available now*: https://shop.44con.com/

This is the Call for Papers for the 9th Annual 44CON security
conference, held from the 11th to 13th of
September, 2019. We invite jaded cynics, pessimists, optimists and
opportunists to come together and join
our broad church where the latest research of the day will be
discussed, debated and debased.

44CON has two main talk tracks, a workshop track and several breakout
areas including a village hall expo
track, a mental health village and a village pub. Additionally, 44CON
will host the ManyHats Club meetup
on the evening of Thursday 12th September, which will feature it's own
talks. The CFP covers the two main
talks and workshop tracks only.

Submissions for technical and infosec professional presentations &
workshops will be accepted. Presentations
are 45 minutes long with 5 minutes for Q&A. Workshops are 1-2 hours
long including setup/breakdown time.

* A presentation on the main tracks is in front of a seated audience.
* A Workshop is like a mini training course - e.g. a 2 hour walk
through Windows Kernel internals and local
privilege escalation opportunities.

Talks are filmed. Workshops are not.

This is NOT a call for training. Training takes place separately, see
here for details:
https://44con.com/44con-training/

At the time of writing September's training slots are full, but we are
accepting expressions of interest for
our December and Spring 2020 training sessions.

]-- Submissions

Submissions should be sent via the CFP website https://cfp.44con.com/.
Submissions sent via email, post or
RFC1149 compliant avian carrier will not be accepted.

In particular, we are looking for original talks of the highest
quality in the following (but not exclusive)
areas:

* Offensive security talks for the advanced Pentester or Red Teamer
* Defensive talks for SOC analysts, threat hunters or enthusiastic
amateur defenders
* Talks on bugs, bug classes, finding and fixing security bugs
* Incident Handling, Forensics and Anti-Forensics
* Virtualisation, Container and Cloud Computing Security
* Cryptography, Cryptocurrencies, Cryptozoology and other Crypto-fu
* Hardware attacks and defence tools, techniques and practices
* Application and Mobile Security
* Networking, Comms, Critical National Infrastructure (CNI)
* Cyberspace, Policing, Law, Interception and Human Rights

Note: this is not an exhaustive list. If you have what you think is a
good talk proposal, please submit
it through the CFP system.

Priority is generally given to new presentations over those presented
elsewhere. If you have a presentation
that you have given or will give elsewhere prior to 44CON London in
September and wish to submit, please
let us know in your submission, and inform us of any changes you
intend to make for 44CON London.

If your talk or workshop is new, please let us know the details of
other conference(s) to which you have
or intend to submit through the CFP system.

]-- Maximising your odds of getting selected

Some information on how our CFP process works is here:
https://44con.com/2017/06/07/the-44con-cfp-just-closed-you-wont-believe-what-happens-next/

Some tips on how to game the process are available here:
https://44con.com/2017/02/07/how-to-game-the-44con-cfp/

Your submission will be up against over 200 others competing for about
20 talking slots. Our 20 reviewers
from around the globe vote based on what they can see. After the CFP
closes, Steve collates the feedback
and individually emails each submitter personally.

We expect accepted submissions to score an *average* of 4.25/5 or
higher. This means that perfectly good
talks don't get selected. If this happens to you, please don't be
upset. Not getting into 44CON is a
badge of honour, and comes with (hopefully) useful feedback for you to
try again some other time.

]-- Speaker McPrivilegesFace

All speakers at 44CON London will be entitled to the following:

* 2-3 nights accommodation (see below)
* Breakfast & Lunch during conference
* Love and TLC from our awesome speaker ops team
* Event access for both days, all nights and pre/post event drinks
* This year we're running a Speaker's English Wine tasting (yes, you
read that right) session
* We also have a small event on the Tuesday evening that speakers are
welcome to attend

Accepted primary presentation speakers get the following:

* Paid travel (for primary speaker outside of Fulham, Putney or Central London)
* 2 nights of accommodation for the primary speaker (normally the
Wednesday and Thursday nights)

Accepted primary presentation speakers also presenting a workshop get
the following:

* Paid travel (for primary speaker outside of Fulham, Putney or Central London)
* 3 nights of accommodation for the primary speaker (normally the
Wednesday,Thursday and Friday nights)

Accepted primary workshop presenters without an associated talk get
the following:

* 2 nights of accommodation for the primary speaker (normally the
Wednesday and Thursday nights)
* Travel is not covered

We welcome speakers of all genders, origins and physical abilities. If
you have any particular requirements
please tell us so we can accommodate them. We are a non-alcoholic,
Coeliac, Vegan, Kosher, Halal and
Gluten-free friendly event. Talks are to be delivered in English,
only. Partners are welcome to come along
and we're happy to help arrange for tourist things for you and your
partners to do while in London.
Please let us know should you want to do this, so we can make your
time memorable.

In 2018 we had speakers from the UK, Australia, China, the USA, South
Africa, Europe, The Middle East and more.

]-- Submissions process

Submit your CFP response at the CFP Site https://cfp.44con.com/.
Submissions must be in English only.

Please ensure that your home country is specified in your submission,
so we know where to fly you in from.

Please do not email or message the crew with submissions - they will
not be accepted.

If you are submitting a workshop proposal, please provide details of
attendee requirements such as minimum
technical knowledge, hardware/software required etc.

]-- Important dates

* CFP Opens Thursday 26th February
* CFP Closes 23:59:59 BST 30th April
* First round speaker announcements start Monday 3rd June
* Final Speaker announcements: Tuesday 18th June
* Speaker flight details to be submitted by 19th July
* Papers/Tools/Presentation Submission Deadline: Friday 30th August
* 44CON London Training: 9th/10th/11th September
* 44Café evening event: 10th September
* 44CON London Conference: 11th, 12th and 13th September

]-- Other Information

To find out more about 44CON London visit http://44con.com/, follow us
on twitter @44CON, or use the #44CON
hashtag and take part in the discussion on Twitter.

Tickets are available now from the main web site at
https://shop.44con.com/. For an idea of what to expect,
watch some videos from previous 44CON Events at https://www.youtube.com/44contv

By agreeing to speak at 44CON 2019 you are granting Sense/Net Ltd
(owners of 44CON) the rights to reproduce
and distribute your presentation and recording (unless otherwise
agreed in writing in advance of the event)
including but not limited to http://44con.com/, advertisements in
various mediums and through partner sites
and mediums. If you are not comfortable with this arrangement then
this must be agreed with us in writing
prior to the event.

It is imperative that, once you have agreed to speak at 44CON London,
you regularly monitor your nominated
e-mail account, so that we can complete the necessary supporting
activities such as booking flights,
accommodation etc. Failure to to take reasonable steps to support us
in minimising costs in these areas may
result in your talk being withdrawn.

|           Software Failure.   Press left mouse button to continue.           |
|                      Guru Meditation #00070000.48454C50                      |