[Dailydave] CVSS is the worst compression algorithm ever

Eric Schultz fire0088 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 18:28:21 UTC 2019

CVSS' greatest attribute is that it lets assessors fudge the numbers to
make assessors happy and gives risk people some kind of industry standard
document/organization attesting to the risk. Everyone wins.

It's only when people start asking (valid) questions where things fall
apart.

There are two other scoring systems I haven't seen referenced much: NIST's
CMSS and Mitre's CWSS. May be worth checking out if you're some kind of
risk nerd.

Regards,
Eric