[Dailydave] Talks.

Dave Aitel dave.aitel at gmail.com
Tue Mar 19 15:01:21 UTC 2019

It's almost INFILTRATE dry-run time! Some part of me prefers the slow pace
of two talks a day to the firehose that is a one-track focused conference
where each speaker has been told to not walk us through the basics. This is
the balance of "We liked a ton more talks than we have slots" and "my brain
hurts".

Because there's about a thousand conferences now, there's also so many
talks you could do nothing but watch talks for eight hours a day. Obviously
nobody can do that, but I tend to watch maybe four talks a week. Even the
RSA talks can be good, although it's like trying to watch a show in a noisy
hospital room through a haze of marketing fluff.

For example, this talk:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p__PEtWZIdA&feature=youtu.be

[image: Screen Shot 2019-03-19 at 10.55.47 AM.png]

This is a good talk, which has good content, and a totally silly hypothesis
of whether an entire programming model is better for "Good" or "Evil".

-dave