[Dailydave] Android Attacks Slides

Dean Pierce pierce403 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 17:52:02 EDT 2012

>> You must accept them all or bail;
>> and for this I feel the model is a fail.
> Yes, most definitely. And there is nothing to revoke a permission
> after installation. But that's a different complaint (err, story).

It's surprising how many people haven't noticed this awesome feature
in CyanogenMod, but check out

Settings > CyanogenMod settings > Application

and you will notice a setting called "Permission management"

Checking that will allow you to revoke specific permissions of a given
app from the Settings > Applications > Manage applications  menu.

Yes it would be nice if this was upstreamed to AOSP, so it would have
a chance of making its way out to the OEMs, but I figure that rooting
is so dead simple these days that anyone who really cares about that
level of granularity will already be running CyanogenMod.

   - DEAN