[Dailydave] Neal Stephenson, the EFF and Exploit Sales

Jon Oberheide jon at oberheide.org
Thu Aug 16 11:30:57 EDT 2012

Trying really hard not to not participate here...but doesn't the EFF's
0-day position conflict with their EU "hacking tools" position?

https://www.eff.org/sites/default/files/filenode/Submission-Parliament-Hacking-Tools-vf.pdf

See the "No Criminalization of Tools" section:

"The draft Directive should not criminalize the creation, possession and
distribution of tools that are fundamentally designed for the purpose of
carrying out an attack."

I can't read, but hopefully someone else can figure out what their
stance is there.