[Dailydave] Morning hilarity

Dave Aitel dave.aitel at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 08:45:27 EST 2012

So I'm talking at RSA - which I've never been to. From what I can tell RSA
is less about the talks than the furious "back to back" meetings people set
up during the conference. I've never participated in said debauchery but I
am adding some content to the talk, and I think I hint at it in the below
MPEG-Layer-3 audio file.

Podcast:
http://rsa.edgeboss.net/download/rsa/rsaconference/2012/us/podcasts/rsac_02-01-12-ht1-402-edit.mp3

-dave

Session Code: HT1-402Session Title: The Three Myths of CyberwarSpeaker:
Dave Aitel Chief Technology Officer
Immunity Inc
Scheduled Date(s)/Time(s): Friday, March 02 10:10 a.m.
Room 102Session Length: 50 minutesSession Abstract: Many sources for cyber
strategy, and the policies that affect those strategies, focus on three
facets of the cyber domain: cyber attacks are asymmetric, cyber attacks are
unattributable and cyber attacks are non-kinetic. This talk will explain
why none of these facets are true.Prerequisite knowledge Generally it helps
if you have been keeping up with news in the cyber war area. This session
will be using terms such as exploit, vulnerabilities and buffer overflow
that should be familiar.Session learning objectives

   - Understand what sort of metrics make sense with cyber war (aka, how
   does one truly think about cyber war without relying on gut feelings)
   - Develop a framework to judge policy both at the high level and the
   corporate enterprise level, when it comes to facing well funded cyber war
   threats