[Dailydave] Symantec AV source compromised and the questions it raises

Mohammad Hosein mhtajik at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 17:54:55 EST 2012

"Sadly, we'll likely never know the answer."
how come ? attackers can easily post details on how they compromised the
targets and to whom they belong and considering there could be a couple of
names and , perhaps , some phones or emails included in such leak , it
shouldnt be hard to connect the dots . the cybergames between Pakistani and
Indian groups is going on for a very long time now and although people in
forums and tweets are already making conclusions about the nature of this
specific attack i'd be skeptic about it considering all that's happening
around the world , say , the close ties between India and Israel , China's
attempts to build military bases in Pakistan seeing the danger of U.S
getting closer and the shit coming with these sorts of deals . i can not
care less about the release of Symentec's products and if it has
particularly any impact on its users . instead i'm wondering since both
Pakistan and India have serious realworld Nuclear Arsenal ,and both
countries were subject to very radical attacks of different types , this
could be the start of a whole new serious concern