[Dailydave] Mosquito Based "Science"

allison nixon elsakoo at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 23:20:41 EDT 2012

The video is from 2010 and I haven't heard anything from the idea since
then.

It's probably best suited for developing countries actually, because the
sky is full of airplanes here in the US and a device like this is going to
get your house raided inside of a day, and you'll be in the news for
automating terrorism. Only in those countries do you have the freedom to
point lasers in the sky.

The company doesn't seem inteested in manufacturing the device, only coming
up with the original design, according to this wikipedia page:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mosquito_laser

An actual device made on this concept would be exactly as sexy as any
existing mosquito zapper, because the laser beam would have to be enclosed
in a box to surmount the otherwise insurmountable legal issues.

Also, in Florida mosquitoes are infinite and they do not obey laws of
physics.  They actually re-spawn like in games.

-a