[Dailydave] Quick thread on SQLi

Dave Aitel dave at immunityinc.com
Thu Mar 8 11:54:21 EST 2012

5% is WhiteHat's number -
https://blog.whitehatsec.com/5-of-all-websites-have-had-at-least-1-sql-injection-vulnerability-without-needing-to-login/

I think this number is probably good for a number of things: for example
if your automated scanner is finding more or less than 5% on a large and
diverse enough sample, you know how good it is relative to general state
of the art. Likewise, if you have a large and diverse set of web apps,
and you are finding less than 5% are vulnerable to SQLi, then your
security posture may be better than average!

Not that SQLi is "instant win" on all systems, as often people lock it
down and you can't do much with it other than exfil a useless database.

-dave

--
INFILTRATE 2013 January 10th-11th in Miami - the world's best offensive information security conference.
www.infiltratecon.com