[Dailydave] That weird rack at LGA has always bugged everyone I know...

Dave Aitel dave at immunityinc.com
Sun Aug 11 22:44:26 EDT 2013

Tomorrow I'm heading to speak on a panel at a conference on Airport
Security <http://www.aci-na.org/event/2747>. This is not a topic that in
and of itself I am an expert on, other than, as all of you on this list,
shuddering as I walk past that cage of computer equipment within easy
access as you exit LGA, or wondering why so many airport networks run
over WEP,  or staring hungrily at network-connected TSA physical access
control equipment, etc.

Of course, when you talk to airport people they say that looking at that
sort of thing is like asking someone who owns a block of Manhattan why
the Starbucks in it offers free, insecure, wifi, or doesn't have a good
lock on their door, or hires neanderthals to run the cash register. It's
the very definition of not their problem.

It's a refrain that modern institutions are split down clear economic
and legal boundaries, and these boundaries have nothing at all to do
with information security, and so when looked at from that dimension,
everything falls apart.

So in other words, should be a good show. :>

-dave