[Dailydave] The New York Times Plays with Fire

Mohammad Hosein mhtajik at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 18:52:39 EST 2013

C,
many openid & openotp solutions are out there offering various eye catching
e-identity authenticity management solutions and essentially software
providers with the magic of SMS or hardware dudes with a shiny RSA style
dongle and  i do not think passwords or some high tech bio-id , or whatever
else that is in fashion , is going to help an average citizen not getting
rubbed or mugged ( read : blue screen asking a liberty reserve pay or wipe
) . passwords in essence are not really the security issue . no matter what
is being considered as a key or an element of it , assuming we assign a
fuzzy meaning to the concept of "key" and accept all sorts of Quantum
universe goodness one can get offered , at some point "they will do you"
whether you are a GCHQ/MI6 transvestite Math wizard , a security fella
using typical silent 21-years-old-comodohackered-SSL connection for emails
or a grandpa in U.S with made in china nice OTP dongle to go a normal
banking . point is , the city is insecure with weapons of all strips , and
with any conceptual police , your business is going to get Aramcoed real
easy . what helps a fellow dd reader from getting Fcked is having the
chance of owning bits of more intelligent genes and lesser habits of
ignorance and a critical "soul" . sorry for the speech and i am no member
of a password advocacy or lobby firm out there . just dont see the point in
so much focus on the technical part of our electronic experience while i
have seen much more "Human Factor"s involved in e-security . btw , i recall
dave twitted about the book a while back . its phenomenal . get your copy
and read it , it does good , and the money goes to children of the dead
soldiers

D,
i am following some works get out of senate CRS and various , mostly
chatter-type , signals from house CFA . there is an amazing pattern from
2006 up until now to build up mind games gear and political tools to
produce an unsafe foggy wall around china acting like a determinant dark
cloud on the east's possible supremacy . fun stuff are available for all to
read under Open Government Act and where U.S wants to be standing at 2025 .
younger folks : go for .pdf inurl:2025-strategy site:*.gov . i do not and
can not know details of stories like this NYT thing , but i am as certain
as i can reach to that WP post and NYT and a whole other dozens of media
out there are not doing "Journalism" or "Research" . they do contract work
and owned by like 5 power entity . so the story might be simply pure
bullshit , a project , a gig for a pay -- or we've got a bunch of retard
employees of a media outlet and some single digit IQ Chinese hackers.

meanwhile , Haaretz a news outlet close to powerful elements in .il
recently pwned and i have read many interesting content in leaked emails ,
their headers , etc . that is what i call a story .

Peace
M.